Sunday, March 3, 2013

Words to describe family members

I had my kids help me describe our family members using 5 words:


Me -  Tonya   Papa Johns, thrift shopper, swimmer, teacher and sleeper

Husband - Rob   tall, patient, hairy, organized and funny

Daughter - Taylor   iPod, phone, mellow, braces and soccer

Son - Mason   hyper, ketchup, messy, basketball and Sheldon

My dad - Tom   golf, military, mini pizzas, brave and police

My mom - Jan   Florida, teacher, thrift shopper, Good N Plenty and movies

Mother-in-Law - Jane   loving, cards, funny, humming birds and golden retriever

Father-in-Law - Dick   basketball, funny, Pepsi, Altoids and golf


This was really fun and the kids really enjoyed it!

7 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Tonya! I love it! Look at you! You've got this blogging thing handled! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to include your direct link to you post on the daily slice. Let me know if you have any questions about how to do so.

    scanlon.fefee@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post has inspired me to stop and write about my family. Love the 5 words idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll try this with my students. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! I think I'll be writing about my family soon too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great list. ;) I didn't know you are a thrift shopper. I see it's like mother, like daughter. ;) FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I was asked to choose 5 words to describe someone, they would've all been adjectives, which would've been far less descriptive than the variety of words your family included here. I am amazed that you packed so many details into those mini life lists!

    ReplyDelete