Saturday, March 9, 2013

I will not miss it when it's gone!

My daughter has been talking about this movie called Pitch Perfect. Apparently this main character auditions to be a part of an a cappella group. However, to audition you had to have a song ready to sing. She didn't have a song ready, but she saw a plastic cup sitting on the judges table.  She started doing some weird tapping cup thing with a song. After about 5 hours of nonstop banging and tapping coming from my children's bedrooms last night, my husband started to join them.  This morning all I could hear coming from the kitchen was even MORE cup tapping and banging. They now have it down to science. I swear if I hear one more cup tap, I'm going to explode!!!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=jcl_FkA0qJA&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Djcl_FkA0qJA

6 comments:

  1. My kids have done this. They loved that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so serious when I tell you that last weekend found me stomping down the stairs wild-haired and raving in the middle of the night to silence the cup-tapping teenagers who were "sleeping over" at our house. I will not miss it either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - my freshman daughter is obsessed with this as well. Hope the song fades in their heads soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. But my daughter practiced doing it in her apartment with her sister, not with me. I loved the results she posted online. So amazing that they can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh-oh... shall I admit it? I know the cup-tapping game, and yes, it is a game. You are to pass the cups, and the one to break the chain "loses" - and well, if you are in SOME circles, in SOME age ranges, you may or may not have to take a punishing drink as the loser. But... I never played that way. :) And, shall I admit further? I LOVE the movie, and LOVED that scene that was familiar and awesome to me! haha... your post just made my day, but I apologize for the fact that they might love it for a LONG time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw a FB post on the cup-tapping game. Had to take a look at the you tube video. Then I had to see the movie. I have to admit my husband and I enjoyed the movie although there were some parts that were...a little over the top. Lots of fun. This too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete